Sunday, January 30, 2011

Place mats

I wanted to make something for my friend's Mum, who suffered in the recent floods, and my friend suggested some place mats. I wasn't sure what colour scheme to go with, but I had some beautiful natural coloured linen so I thought that was a good place to start. And then I mixed in my favourite green/brown/leafy fabric which I bought ages ago.  I just loved the fabric but strangely enough only bought 1 meter of it - which isn't enough to make much from.  But I happily cut into it this week to make these place mats. I made 6 in total. 3 are backed with the brown fabric, and the other 3 are backed with the leafy green fabric.

I'm happy with the way they turned out. I have a habit of rushing to get things done (as I'm sure most Mum's do who try to sew in between babies sleeps and toddlers playtimes) but I did my best to focus on the detail and I think that was a good decision.

Silly me wrapped the 6 placemats before I'd photographed them - so the photo's below are of the 'practice' one I made.



2 comments:

  1. they look fabulous!!! as usual you are just too clever!!

    Michelle, Zach and Jake xx

    ReplyDelete