Monday, October 18, 2010

Who doesn't love the Australian Women's weekly birthday cakes cookbook?


I swear this book has bought more joy into people's lives than many other 'joy-promising books' out on the market.  And even though it has moved with the times a little bit - there are still so many of the old favourites in the new editions.  I remember when I was a kid, it would be months before our birthday that we'd start flicking through it trying to decide which cake we'd ask for that year.. And to Mum's credit - she never said 'No way - too hard' to any of them? I don't know that I'll be that obliging when my child/ren start putting their orders in :) But seeing as Lola is still only 2, this year I got to choose for her as she is not quite at the stage of picking something out of many options (even chooosing between a red dress and a yellow dress - she wants both)..

So I chose the Bunny Rabbit cake for her this year, and here's a shot of the bunny, in all her glory
(actually, this was taken 'after' Lola blew out her candles, and she appears to have blown off part of the bunny's paw as well - oops)..


And of course, I had to include a pic of the birthday girl enjoying it at her party (Here Lola is saying 'I want the nose Daddy!!'


I also plan on writing in my book which child had what cake for what year (eg. Julie - 2nd Birthday). That's what Mum did in her book, and it's fun flicking back through it and remembering each party.

3 comments:

  1. aw, you're such a good record keeping mum. i know should be doing more of that sort of stuff. lola looks so cute :) pointing to her nose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job Julie!!!! cant wait to see what ones you need to make in the years to come when Lola does get to choose!!! lol


    Michelle, Zach and JAke xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, just remember to do it for all your kids! Mum slacked off a little by the time I came around :b

    ReplyDelete